Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Warhammer Quest Rules!!! D&D 5 felt quite old-school.



I've played a few more games of Warhammer Quest and I have fallen madly in love with it.

Running it as an RPG, it is the ultimate lazy-DM's game. At any time you can kind of let the game play itself and it will generate challenges and situations and then, when the mood or situation strikes you, you can dive right back into full DM mode and run with it. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT!!!!!

ALSO

Played my first game of the new D&D play-test and it felt really old school. Strange how being butchered to a man by hobgoblins will do that... There were no survivors.

7 comments:

  1. How I wish GW would re-release Warhammer Quest. I miss it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unrelated except we all died in a dungeon during D&D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHQ DOES indeed rule! I've had a lot of fun with that game over the years. Wouldn't have discovered it without the "gateway drug" that is HeroQuest, though.

    Great blog! Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HeroQuest to Warhammer Quest for me, too. Ah, Warhammer Quest... I've never since gotten such value per dollar from components & such value per page from play.

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did the illustration come from?
    It looks like Howard Pyle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness to your publish is just great and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to seize your RSS feed to keep updated with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.
    Cccam Server | Best Cccam Server | Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing

    ReplyDelete